This roadmap document outlines the functionality planned for the future releases of the version 6 platform of Rapise. We are responsive to feedback so the contents of each individual release will be subject to change.
Releases will also include lower level enhancements and bug fixes. We do not provide a public list of open bugs or enhancement requests at this time.
If you have any feedback or suggestions regarding this roadmap, please email us at email@example.com.
Version 6.7 (February 2021)¶
- RVL Toolbox: Right side bar for RVL with quick search for snippets, KB articles and global objects/actions.
- Rapise Launcher extension for Azure DevOps: Run Rapise tests on Azure hosted VMs and report to SpiraTest.
- Rapise Test Adapter extension for Azure DevOps: Run Rapise tests on Azure hosted VMs and view execution reports in Azure.
- Test Set attachments: Pass data to RapiseLauncher from SpiraTest via files attached to a test set.
- Run REST tests via NodeJS: Enhance rapisenode engine to enable execution of tests with REST calls, so that API tests developed in Rapise could be executed on Linux and Mac hosts.
SpiraTest Integration Enhancements¶
- Flaky tests support: Auto detect that a test is flaky and mark the test case and test run details. Allow manual setting of the Flaky status.
- Re-run: Set number of re-run attempts for a failing test.
- Parallel run: Parallel execution by RapiseLauncher. Should work with API tests and Web tests executed via WebDriver.
- Spira Dashboard 2.0: New dashboard with ability to view reports, enhanced execution options and test case management.
Object Repository Management¶
- Hierarchical Object Repository: Multilevel object tree with ability to show objects from multiple tests and combine objects into user-defined groups.
Run Tests on Linux/macOS¶
- NodeJS based Mobile execution: Run mobile tests on Non-Windows hosts.
- NodeJS based RapiseLauncher: Connect to Spira from Non-Windows hosts and execute tests.
- Recorder Dialog 2.0: Ability to fine tune captured steps during recording.
- Simplified installation/upgrade: Do not require to uninstall Rapise before upgrade.
- Dark mode: Someday, really :)
- Reporter API: Callbacks to plug in third-party reporting engines.
- Jenkins plugin: Plugin to simplify running Rapise tests from Jenkins.
- Java 64-bit: Recording and running tests on 64-bit JVM.
- Visual Studio Code integration: Code helper for Rapise objects/actions. Start recording/playback from VS Code.
- Azure Test Plans integration: Linking to a test case in an Azure Test Plan.