Mobile Settings Dialog
This dialog box displays the list of mobile devices that have been configured for use by Rapise and lets you create a new profile, modify a profile or make a new profile based on an existing one.
How to Open
You can open this dialog box from two places:
- From the main Rapise menu
Settings > Mobile.
- From the Mobile Spy tool when you click on the
Edit Profilestoolbar button.
This dialog box has the following menu options:
- Select Profile - This dropdown list lets you select a different mobile profile to be displayed in the dialog.
- Save - This button will save the changes to the current mobile profile.
- Test URL - This button will test the Connection (URL) from Rapise to Appium (which is used to manage the devices) and the connection from Appium to the physical (or simulated) device.
- Duplicate - This button will create a new mobile profile based on the currently viewed one.
- Create - This button will create a new empty mobile profile that you can edit.
- Rename - This button will change the name of the current mobile profile being edited.
- Delete - This button will delete the currently displayed mobile profile. There is no undo, so be careful!
This section lets you enter the URL used to connect to the Appium server which hosts the mobile devices being tested. It is typically of the form:
Where the port number used by Appium is 4723 by default and the /ed/hub suffix is added.
This section has various settings, some of which are used by all mobile devices, some only by simulated devices, some only by physical devices and some are specific to the type of device (iOS vs. Android).
For details check out Appium Desired Capabilities page.
Kobiton / SauceLabs Settings
In addition, there are some settings, unique to running Appium mobile device tests through either the SauceLabs or Kobiton cloud platforms:
- Kobiton / Sauce Labs
- accessKey - This needs to be populated with your Kobiton/SauceLabs cloud access key.
- captureScreenshots - This can be set to determine if you want to capture screenshots or not.
- deviceGroup - The default value is group device belonged to. Group device value could be either: ORGANIZATION or KOBITON. System will filter device in any existing group if you set deviceGroup is empty.
- sessionDescription - The description of the session (e.g. "This is an example for iOS web").
- sessionName - The name of the session being performed (e.g. "Automation test session on second device").
- username - This needs to be populated with your Kobiton/SauceLabs username.
Browser Stack Settings
In addition, there are some settings, unique to running Appium mobile device tests through the BrowserStack cloud platform:
- browserstack.appium_version - Use this capability to set the Appium version in your test scripts.
- browserstack.key - This needs to be populated with your Browserstack cloud access key.
- browserstack.user - This needs to be populated with your Browserstack username.
- device - Specifies a particular mobile device for the test environment.
- os_version - Use this capability to specify the OS version of the device.
- realMobile - Use this flag to test on a physical mobile device.