Microsoft Dynamics is a line of enterprise resource planning (ERP) and customer relationship management (CRM) software applications from Microsoft. The Microsoft Dynamics focus industries are retail, service, manufacturing, financial services, and the public sector. Microsoft Dynamics offers support for small, medium, and large businesses.
Microsoft Dynamics ERP comprises a group of enterprise-resource-planning products primarily geared toward midsize organizations with simple corporate structures and low-to-moderately complex production models. Microsoft Dynamics ERP includes three primary products:
- Microsoft Dynamics AX (formerly Axapta) - multi-language, multi-currency enterprise resource planning (ERP) business software with global business management features for financial, human resources, and operations management as well as additional industry capabilities for retailers, professional service industries, financial service businesses, manufacturers, and public-sector organizations.
- Microsoft Dynamics GP (formerly Great Plains Software) - ERP software for small and midsize businesses: helps manage financials, supply chain, and employees.
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV (formerly Navision) - business management solution that helps small and mid-sized businesses manage their financials, supply chain, and people. It features multiple languages and multiple currencies.
Microsoft Dynamics CRM is a customer relationship management application from Microsoft, that provides sales, service, and marketing capabilities. Microsoft sells Microsoft Dynamics CRM separately from the ERP products. CRM is available either as on-premises software or as a software-as-a-service offering called Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online.
Starting in late 2016, Microsoft has created a new cloud-based SaaS-only combined ERP/CRM solution called Microsoft Dynamics 365. This provides a new web-based version of Dynamics AX (renamed Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations), combined with a new web based version of Dynamics NAV (called Dynamics 365 Business Central) and an updated Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online (Dynamics 365 for Sales). This new integrated, ERP/CRM is provided solely through Microsoft Azure and is completely web-based.
Rapise provides out of the box support for the following different versions of Microsoft Dynamics:
- Dynamics AX - Rapise provides specialized support for the Dynamics AX core user interface plus add-ons such as the Management Reporter.
- Dynamics NAV - Rapise provides specialized support for the Dynamics NAV desktop and web core user interface including Dynamics 365 Business Central.
- Dynamics CRM/365 for Sales - Rapise uses its native web library support for Dynamics CRM, with Dynamics-CRM specific extensions included for unique CRM components (e.g. data grids).
- Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations - Rapise includes built-in support for Dynamics 365 ERP components.
- Unified Service Desk - Hybrid application with IE browser components embedded into desktop interface.
- KB272 Microsoft Dynamics Solutions - Which One Do You Have?