Managed (.NET) Spy
The Managed Spy is used to inspect Microsoft .NET applications that contain .NET framework objects (e.g. using Windows Forms).
The Managed Spy has the following features:
- The Tree pane lets you view the hierarchy of .NET objects available in the application
- The Properties pane lets you view the exposed properties of the highlighted .NET object
- The Learn Object option is displayed when you use the Spy during recording and lets you pick specific objects to learn.
In addition to viewing the object hierarchy and object properties, you can perform the following tasks:
- Parent - This selects the parent object of the one displayed
- Highlight - This will attempt to Flash (highlight with a red rectangle) the object selected in the Spy.
- Refresh - this simply refreshes the Spy view to reflect any changes that might have occurred in the application.
- Save to File - this will save the properties of the currently selected object to a text file.
- Save Type Information - this will save object class type information to a text file.