Object Tree View¶
Display learned objects.
How to Open¶
The Objects dialog is part of the Default Layout.
Object Tree has build in filtering and display mode switches.
- Filter - quick filter to narrow down range displayed in the object tree. Updates the tree while you type. If you want to cancel the filtering then simply remove everything from this input box.
- Display modes switch:
id- show object IDs in the tree.
n- show object names in the tree.
id[n]- show each object in format
object_id [ object_name ]in the tree.
Context Menu (root node)¶
Right click the Object Tree node to see:
- Refresh checks for new objects to display. Refresh also re-loads list of user-defined functions and populates 'Functions' and 'Variables' nodes.
- Collapse all collapses the entire object tree.
- Expand all expands the entire object tree.
Context Menu (window)¶
Right click the Window node to see:
- Flash opens the application/url where the object is located. A frame will blink around the window.
- Remove remove window and all contained objects.
Context Menu (object)¶
Right click on an object in the Object Tree dialog to see:
- Flash opens the application/url where the object is located. A frame will blink around the object to show you where it is on the page.
- Re-Learn will open up the Recorder, allowing you to re-learn the object. This is useful if the AUT has changed and the object definition will no longer correctly locate the object.
- Remove simply removes the selected object from the tree.
- Clone makes a copy of the object definition and adds the cloned version into the tree. You can then make changes to the cloned copy.
- Add Parameter opens up a dialog box that lets you add a custom parameter to the learned object definition (stored in the