Rapise Settings Dialog¶
Use the Rapise Settings dialog to change the global options. Your changes will apply to all tests.
How to Open¶
Settings > Global menu item.
- SplashScreen: A splash screen is the image that appears while a program initializes. The Rapise splash screen looks like this:
Set SplashScreen to False to prevent the splash screen from appearing.
- API Callback Timeout: Defaults to 10000. Number of milliseconds to wait when doing Before-Request and After-Response REST Callbacks. The timeout applies to each callback call individually.
- Generate Full Name: If 'Record REST Objects' is
true: Generate long name for objects and variables, i.e. 'Libraryinformationsystem_Login'
false: Generate short name, i.e. 'Login'
- Generate Short REST Path: If 'Record REST Objects' is
true: Generate short path, i.e. 'RESTDef.rest'
false: Generate full path, i.e. '%WORKDIR%/SubTest/RESTDef.rest'. May be needed when you have .rest definition files with the same name in your framework.
- Record Failed REST Actions:
truemeans: If recorded REST action is failed, generate
.DoExecute(...,true)that ignores the response code so generated test is passing.
- Record REST Objects: Generate Object for Each REST request.
true: An object added to the Object Repository for each request. Then it is initialized using
var <request_object_id> = SeS(<request_object_id>).
false: Don't add anything to the object tree. Each request is initialized as
var <request_object_id> = /**RESTRequest*/Session.GetRESTRequest('<definition>.rest', '<request_id>'). This approach makes it easier to generate re-usable functions doing REST calls without need to load objects. See Session.GetRESTRequest.
- JSEngineType: In the test settings (one of Default, Node, WScript). Where Default means WScript, but in the future it will eventually become Node.
- Always use Test.sstest: Defaults to False. If set to True, the test file name is set to
<test folder name>.sstest. This may be useful in rare cases when your testing framework has deep nested structure, you have very long file names and need to fit into 260 chars of Windows
- AutoReloadModifiedFiles: If set to True, any files you modify outside of Rapise are automatically reloaded in Rapise.
- Confirm Object Removal: Ask when deleting object form the Object Tree.
- DefaultFolder specifies where new tests are kept before you explicitly save them. The location is relative to the Rapise executable.
- LoadLastTestOnStartup: If set to True, Rapise will open the last test you worked on and saved. If set to False, Rapise will create a new test named MyTest<#> where <#> is an integer. A folder for MyTest<#> is created in the folder specified by the DefaultFolder option.
- NormalizeFileName: If set to True, files are referred to (in the
*.sstestfile) using a a path relative to the
*.sstestfile. Otherwise, their absolute path is used.
RecentTests: The maximum number of recent files displayed in the Recent Tests list. To see the Recent Tests list, open the Application Menu:
Remember Debugger Layout: If True, Rapise will remember the window layout for debug mode separately. For example, this may be useful if you want to work full screen while authoring the Test and half-screen to debug. This way the AUT and the Rapise debugger fit on the screen.
- ShowCommonFileAliases: Legacy, not needed since Rapise 6.0.
- Enable Execution Monitor: specifies whether the execution monitor dialog box will be displayed during playback.
- ShowDashboardOnStartUp: If True, the Spira Dashboard will open automatically when Rapise is opened.
- ShowStartPageOnStartUp: If True, the Start Page will open automatically when Rapise is opened.
- Spira Integration: Enables all dialogs and menus for SpiraTest Integration.
- Temp Folder: default folder for temporary tests.
- Test Auto Upgrade: if set to True each opened
.sstestfile is automatically upgraded to the latest format.
The Basic frame is on the left and the Modern frame is on the right:
- Convert Tabs to Spaces: True to force tabs to spaces conversion for the text editor.
- Tab Size: Editor Tab Size
- Set of Open buttons:
- Open Web Profiles Folder
- Open Selenium Profiles Folder
- Open Mobile Profiles Folder
- Open Samples Folder
- Open User Libraries Folder
Open Application Log Folder
Reset Layout - Pressing the Reset Layout button restores the default layout. Rapise will restart.