Accessible (MSAA) Spy
The Accessible Spy is used to inspect applications that contain Microsoft Active Accessible (MSAA) objects.
The Accessible Spy has the following features:
- The Tree pane lets you view the hierarchy of MSAA objects available in the application
- The Properties pane lets you view the exposed properties of the highlighted MSAA object
- The Learn Object option is displayed when you use the Spy during recording and lets you pick specific objects to learn.
In addition to viewing the object hierarchy and object properties, you can perform the following tasks:
- Parent - This selects the parent object of the one displayed
- Highlight - This will attempt to Flash (highlight with a red rectangle) the object selected in the Spy.
- Refresh - this simply refreshes the Spy view to reflect any changes that might have occurred in the application.
- Default Action - this will perform the default action on the selected object in the Spy
- Mouse Click - this will perform a simple mouse click on the selected object in the Spy
- Save to File - this will save the properties of the currently selected object to a text file.